Monday, January 26, 2015

Patching-Up Clothing

So I have this sweatshirt. I love it a lot. It's comfy, and has a nice combination of grey and turquoise.


However, due to a certain event that involved my stupidity... that I shall not give detail of, the back of this sweatshirt got 3 burn marks along with holes.


So now I am going to show you how to make patches, whether you want to cover up some ugly mark, or just want to add some cute elbow patches to your sweater.
First draw a design on you clothing piece. As you can see, in the picture above I had drawn the outline of hearts.
Then choose the fabric you desire and cut it in blocks that are big enough to cover the whole design.


Turn the the sweatshirt inside-out, and pin the blocks face-down. Make sure that you pin it so that the block is still over the design that you had put on the other side of the clothing article.


Turning the clothing over again, proceed to sew over the design you had drawn.


Afterwards, making sure you do not cut the fabric you had just sewn on, snip off the fabric that is covering your patch.



Proceed to do this as many times as you wish.


So there you go! How to make easy patches!

1 comment: