Friday, July 26, 2013

My Very First Blog Entry!!!

 Hey, Bethany here! I'm so excited, this being my very first post!!! Just to let you know, this blog will contain a lot of crafts and creativity and most likely no science lesson on rainbows and stars ;) So have fun, and start thinking up rainbows of creativity!

One of my first projects this summer was repainting an old bench, that we had had for quite a while. At first it was green, but then the paint began peeling and it began to look a lot more like this:
Pretty, right? This bench needed serious work. So, I donned a fabulous outfit (that did not match whatsoever, but it was good to get paint splatters on) and went right to work.
And of course, I had a lovely assistant who apparently knew everything there is to know about painting benches, and made sure that I was informed of that.

After I had thought that I had used up a can, I had given it to her. Well she worked that pump, and was holding it really close to the back of the bench. Suddenly, lo and behold, a red mist comes forth! And my dear sister pretty much sprays graffiti all over the back of the bench. If you look closely, you can still see it.  
The finished project. We transformed it from an ugly green to a bright red, that went well with the white and blue (so patriotic!). And so we pulled off one of our first summer projects with success!

 

2 comments:

  1. Cool! Good job on the bench! :) your soooo lucky to be able to show your face on your blog. Mom won't let me. :( oh well. i will be sending that video very soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with your blog! You remind me of well, me! You are crafty just like me. Could you maybe check out my blog? And possibly follow? That would be amazing! thedollcrafters.blogspot.com
    ~The Doll Crafters

    ReplyDelete