Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Summer in a nutshell (part 1)

Okay, sorry about my slacking.
It's something I'm good at. ;)
But, now that summer break is coming to a close, and since I doubt any of you would like to hear long stories of my trips, new friends, dramas, I will just wrap up my summer break with a bunch of pictures. (and explanations, so there is no confusion).
 
First of all, my brothers graduated.
*sniff*
'Twas pretty sad, but I'm proud of them.
My big brothers.
So, right after their graduation, our grandparents took us on a long trip.
This was actually supposed to be their graduation present, and our grandparents paid for their plane ticket and everything. I just tagged along.
The first stop (actually, not really, but let's just say that this is where I started taking pictures first) is a church conference in Indiana.
Volleyball was a big part of Youth Group. (and group conversations, as you can see in the above picture).
 
 
A beautiful building where a lot of sermons took place. There was murals on the sides, of the history of the church, and a beautiful stained glass window in the very front. :)
 
This is half of my "yurt" (which is pretty much just a rounded cabin)... it was very large, with a big skylight, and quite a few bunk beds. In other words, it was quite a luxury, for a camp.
 
Next, after the conference, was a family reunion in Ohio.
With some crazy cousins.....;)
 
Next, after the two week trip East, came a camping trip, with the family and two friends....
Including the lovely Miss Lynsey, one of my best friends. :)
Isn't she cute?????
 
All in all, June was a pretty good month! I'm glad I got to spend it with family and friends. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment